Days Off

Well in the spirit of learning to add links to the text, I thought I'd let you know what I've been up too with my latest lot of days off.

Met with a woman from work for lunch on Friday (after finishing two crappy night shifts). We had a good lunch and an even better 'off loading session' that made me feel heaps better. We then got our butts into seats at the Lido Cinema, possibly the loveliest cinema in the world. We watched a perfect afternoon film, The Secret Life of Bees. I didn't want to fall asleep (always a good sign after finishing a night shift and not sleeping), it made me sad and happy and slightly less frightened of bees (though the allergy thing does worry me).

Saturday was supposed to be a lazy day, but we ended up buying a rather large dresser (long story).

Sunday (after Adam finished his night shift) we joined the thousands of people in the Auckland 'Round the Bays'. We walked, but ran a bit, when the crowds thinned a wee bit. It was a great atmosphere, great weather, great walk and gave a sense of achievement.

So I still have a couple of days off, dinner at Rachels tomorrow, with a night of games and wine. Tuesday is a 'who knows day', then it's back to work.........

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails