Kevin's New Home


Our potted Christmas Tree has been looking rather sad of late, dead like would be a nearer description. We've been worried, so after two years in a couple of pots we decided it was time to be planted in the real world. When we emptied Kevin (named after the dog (or was it the bird thingy) in Disney's 'Up' (I'm not much of an animation film kind of girl, but I loved loved Up)) out of his pot, it was clear that the lack of drainage may have contributed to the poor state of the tree. 



So with Adam as ever doing the digging, Kevin is planted in the garden. He's looking rather forlorn and very small, but we have good volcanic soil. I do so hope he does well. 


Elsewhere in the garden I've kept busy, tidying up messy corners, sorting out pots for the front steps, enjoying the bulbs and other flowers I planted, rejoicing as the lavender looks set to flower again and grinning rather widely when I saw the first buds of blossom on our little tree. 







Spring is really on its way, which is just as well as I've taken a risk and planted my first tomato plants. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails