Walk 25 - Kuranda Sky Rail

The last (I think) of the Oz walks. More Baron falls, more rainforest. This time from the other side as twere. On the Sky Rail ride back to Kuranda there are a couple of stops to get off at and take a walk. If was really desperate to complete the challenge I could call this 25-26 but it is only a $5 bet.
At Red Peak Station there is a 175 metre board walk, we took a slow walk to admire the tall Kauri pines and the ferns. My leaflet tells me that Baron Falls is the most visited place in the Wet Tropic World Heritage Area. They are 260 metres tall and with the walk the previous day, the stop on the train ride down and now on the Sky Rail stop we have been able to admire them from several viewpoints.

Photo by Adam I was too nervous too move in the actual Sky Rail









No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails