Number 28

Well, more vague numerical titles for my blog. Well the August Break project certainly resparked my interest in my blog if no-one else's! A thought occurred, what about those 40 things. My 40th birthday is looming fast so here on the eve on the Rugby World Cup I can acknowledge that number 28 is a certainty. When I wrote my list back in October, I added number 28 with scorn and a smirk, oh no, for sure. RWC fever is contagious and fantastic. Auckland is alive with anticipation, seriously, everyone is talking about it. I'm actually sorry I don't have tickets and may still try and get one and at the very least will be watching the All Blacks vs France game in a lively pub like setting.

My RWC whiteboard 
I have (of course), taken charge of the ward decorations - as a colleague put it - "you do like a project." The flags positioning was a two (wo)man effort and was met with great praise, then I managed to find some bunting to finish the task. My proudest moment however is the 'RWC whiteboard', I love the logistics, I love the planning. I am a crazy control freak. The latest achievement has been the lucky dip sweepstake - I am a bookmakers daughter. Again, a proud moment of planning, actually some maths and spelling involved, but I had help on that front (thank you Vicky, Lynne, Jo and Pauline).  I can name all 20 teams involved and probably draw their flags to be honest!

The defining moment came, when, at Jo's insistence I took the first draw in the lucky dip sweepstake, I pulled out.........New Zealand, how bloody cool.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails