Homegrown



The veggie patch is looking forlorn and neglected (well, there is a lesson for me right there), I did though still manage to rescue a spring onion (OK, now moving into that cross between a leek and an onion stage) in a home made soup (yummy). I had great plans for this space, involving a fair amount of hard digging, slab laying, ground flattening, weed mat laying and likely back breaking work that I would live to regret.  So in a moment of honesty about my life right now I realised this is all too much and it's just adding to that 'to do' list I use to beat myself up with. 

This lightbulb moment early in the morning was sudden and definite and really, why didn't I realise this before. My plans are now changing and I'll get back to gardening as a source of joy and self care rather than of failure and guilt. 

Being honest and being OK with it. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails