176

It's been a day of joy but with waves of homesickness. Reminders and memories of previous favourite walks and the bizzare Disneyland at Halloween brought these waves to my mind. Is it the looming birthday or the tumultuous changes at work. We were walking around the rather marvelous Tawharanui regional park. A windy day but the rain stayed away. We had started at Matakana market which while as fabulous as ever did not present me with that special little thing I'm looking for to complete Sharon's present. I did but lemons and oranges ooh and some fejoia sparkling wine ready for said birthday. Finishing the day with a rather good (if i say so myself) mushroom risotto and plenty of wine. Apparently it's spring but the wind is howling and the house is shaking a little but we're warm, dry, safe and sound. And far far away.....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails