Friday night was movie night

It had been a hell of a week but we had made it. The plan was for a movie out. We made our way home putting the work week to rest during an enforced drive time. We knew that once home the energy to leave the house was just not going to materlise.
Take away and movie at home it was. A choice seconded by the cats who were very happy.
This was our Friday night choice



When I saw the first movie I was horrified. Killing children, what is going on. I found it disturbing and I worried as this was a popular set of books. Does fiction need to be this brutal I wondered. At this point I had not read the books and a wise friend did point out at least it's reading.

Now I have read the series. I skim read and have too poor a memory for any meaningful comments to be made right here and now, but it made me feel differently about the movie and in this instance added to the expereince of the two.

The books and movies debate is a great one but for this series I am contented. The movie last night stuck chords that have echoed with me over my working week, that of powerlessness and of being a pawn in the games of others. It was not all gloom though there was teamwork (even if you are not really sure who is on your team) and perseverance. A wise choice to wrap up the week then.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails