Walk 3 - Tawharanui

The highlight of this day, which some lesser minded folks could have seen as not the best of days was the sea. Swimming in a clear sparkling ocean on a beach we had to ourselves - well the other people were very far away.
The day started grey and cloudy, I think there was rain on the way to Tawharanui Regional Park. I'd forgotten my glasses, Adam had forgotten his hat, we didn't bring the swimming gear. We stopped at Matakana Sunday market and then missed the turning. Strange but true. Heh ho. We arrived and off we went. This is the most amazing place with many a walk to choose from but on this day we picked the West End Track. 5.8km over the hills, past the sheep, up to the predator proof fence. Seriously a combination of Pet Shop Boys and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Then down to the glorious sandy beach and along back to the parking spot. By the time we cross the predator proof fence - I do so like the sound of that - the sun is beating down on us, the sky is clear and I've already decided that the lack of swimming costume is not going to stop me getting in that water. The last part of the walk before hitting the beach is over dunes and very wild, I can hear the water splashing onto the sand and I walk faster having a strange Bear Grylls moment. Well, the sand, the beach and in I go. Marvellous moment in time. I so so love swimming in the sea. And it counts towards 41 walks. Lush Sunday.





















Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails