Dirt under my fingernails

The garden has not been a big feature this year, shame as fantasy garden is one of my favourite pastimes. Today was a day to mark though so I sit typing this post with the dirt still under my fingernails - it was that exciting - we mowed the lawn. 




Feeling rather grown up but yet still childlike and rather excited, as the last time I mowed a lawn was probably in my grandparents house, we mowed a small section of the lawn. Our new purchase was inspired from broken solar lights. We rent our little house (another fantasy game there but too painful to write about) and have the lawn mowed as part of the rent, but a few broken pots, several sliced plants and then the solar lights smashed meant we thought we'd be better off just doing the lawn ourselves. No small feet and a decision we may wonder at in the future, but for now it's all exciting. It's a fair size garden and I really enjoy working in the garden - I enjoy sitting in the garden drinking gin more but I do realise that some effort has to be put in. 

I suffered today with a most impressive rash from who knows what that drove me to the heavy duty cream and the drugs - that's what you get for weeding. 

Early 2014 is a busy social time with lots of visitors so the pressure is on to finish some long overdue projects - mainly the gin drinking zone - so I will endure the rash, take the drugs and get on with it. 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails