Day 263


So it's been 263 days since my birthday and today would have been Nans birthday so I have worked hard in the garden and brought a lemon tree in her honour. I planted a few things and thinned out the carrots and beetroot that is coming up. I dug over the new patch for the the raspberries but we couldn't get the trellis into the wall, so that will have to wait till tomorrow and another trip to Bunnings.
As for the trellis, I didn't realise buying some would be so complicated, nor impossible to get into the car, thankfully we have a roof rack. I was quite impressed with getting it tied on safely by myself.
It's been cold and wet out there today and I looked quite the part by the end of my efforts. Winter may well be here. I had hoped for a bonfire tonight to celebrate Independence Day and Nans birthday, but the hot dogs will be eaten by the fire indoors and the budwiser will be just as tasty. (Only just been able to get Budwiser here, it was the only beer I used to drink so am rather excited about tonight).
There has been some sun though and on day 251 after my birthday we went to Auckland Botanic Gardens for a great sunny walk and inspiration for the garden. We were walking through some trees and I looked up, watching them swaying, thinking they look like cells.....

Happy Birthday Nan

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails