Not happy

I noticed the hedge when we pulled in from work. We'd been waiting for the hedge to be tided but this was half the size. We then noticed that it looked rather more bare behind the gin place / summer temple area. The garden that we have been slowly building for two years. That I had lovingly named the Ruth Parker garden in honour of my wonderful aunt who had sent me some money for my 40th birthday that had started the garden. Yes that garden. Ruined. Wasted. Totally wrecked.  All the solar lights broken or uprooted. most of the plants crushed in some way and several of the plants just plan gone, stripped out. I'm rarely an angry person. My garden is the source of a lot of anger I'll admit, the time, effort and love I put into it. It's personal. It's my escape and the way I unwind from work. So it's important. The gin place / summer temple area was just right. We had made some really effort for our upcoming visitors. Most of our weekends had been spent getting this right. Lizzie and Jan had enjoyed it, so that is great, but my mum is coming next week. Her first visit. Likely her only visit and my beautiful garden, named after her sister, is no more the joyous area of colour and light. Am I angry. Just a tad. Ranting online. This is a new one for me. Forgive me. Forgive my unnecessary overuse of punctuation.  I'll be better soon (though the grammar may not). I know. It will grow. I'm just angry today.

It was a hard area to take photos of. There was a lot of green and the light was challenging, so there aren't many pictures for me to show of. There is a couple where is forms the background. Please see the joy here  - the lovely red flowers in the background - gone.

And here is the pain -

This was a lovely large colourful busy lizzie 

A crushed and broken Lilly (I think) 

This is where the large red flowers were. 



General carnage

Broken flag

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails