At last

My new and improved vision board. After the cleanse.

I thought it was all over and I was back on the road, then it all got a lot lot worse. So starting again and with all this good intention washing over me the time has come to pay attention to some advice that has been trying to get to me in many ways. The universe has been patiently waiting for me to pay attention. 

Finally the advice about switching off for one day a week has reached action point. Really switching off. So we did. It wasn't quite as bad as I was expecting, but one day does not a habit make. So to introduce some irony to the whole situation I thought I would capture my experience of this switching off by blogging. 

Sunday is the off day, Monday is the blogging day. 

The decision was made on the Saturday, no thoughtful planning, just reading it again in a book I thought, now is the time. 

If I'm honest I my life is being sucked into a really stupid game on my phone. I know it saps my time, but I have reasons (so much better than excuses don't you think). 'It's my down time'…."It allows me to switch off from work'…..'hell, it's my reward for working so hard'. I could go on. And don't even get me started on Pintrest. 

Yes I 'watch' TV and scroll the net for that most useful piece of interest, or play that game, or of a very important quiz on Facebook. I am addicted and it really is time for an intervention. 

There are clues everywhere. I finally listened. 

I was worried how it would all go and there were a couple of morning twinges when I wondered about what I was missing, had some event happened that I would only find out if I checked Facebook. We still had a very lazy morning, but I read a magazine. Yes, another confession, those magazines sit there, until they need to be recycled. So yes, I read it. Now there has been work in this area, as a few months ago there would have been a whole pile in a lovely basket, but now there are two. So progress is made. I will read, and then dispose of in the most appropriate fashion. 

This change came from this book - be warned!

I even did the word search, wow, a sense of achievement, from completion of something. How very exciting for a Sunday morning. It was obviously all too much as when Devonport was suggested as the coffee destination of the day, I went crazy and suggested we take the  ferry. Indeed a mini adventure was born. 

Of course I wanted to take photos, but no phone. What if we lost each other, well we didn't. I could't check the weather - ah, the sun is out, but what time is the ferry back, well what do you know there it is. I did want to take a photo of the coffee, but I did roll my eyes at myself at this point. 

Dinner was the oddest. No TV. It was all very interesting. We talked a bit about really random stuff, I think I noticed the food a bit more, but I'm not convinced as yet. 

Now, we kind of broke the rules a bit here - the in-laws wanted to Skype. Bit difficult to say no to that  one. It was a shame it turned into the longest Skype call ever, but I kept the faith. I sat on the step enjoying the evening, twitching and struggling to just sit. I cleaned up, I wrote things down, I planned my work week, I wrote letters. Oh dear me, there are people that will be getting snail mail in a few days time thanks to this little exercise. One dear friend may even get her birthday card on time. But boy do I struggle with just sitting. 

Monday morning we scrambled for those devices, with silly smirks, but we did it, and here I am blogging about it. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails