Carrot and corriander cake


Carrot and corriander cake, originally uploaded by KTandCoffee.
For Em.
Well to clarify the recipe below is for courgette cake as promised but it appears I don't have a picture of the cake (more loaves really) that I made. It's not courgette (well Zucchini over here) season so this pic will have to do until I make another zucchini cake next summer.
The lovely Caroline gave me this recipe shortly after arriving in New Zealand and I have made it a few times without any problems that I can remember. The quantities below make two loaves
Here you go:

In one bowel (a large one) start with
    3 eggs
    3 tbspns vanilla essence
    1 cup oil
    2 cups sugar

Mix together well then add
    2 cups grated courgette

In another bowel sieve together
    3 cups SR flour
    1 tspn cinnamon
    1 tspn salt
    1 tspn cloves
    1 tspn bicarbonate soda
    1 tspn mixed spice

Then mix everything well together and finally add
   1 cup mixed nuts/fruit

Bake at 350 F for one hour


I uses loaf tins, but guess you could use any appropriate receptacle. Thinking about it I have made it without the nut/fruit mixture and it still was perfectly fine.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails