The tree and the muffins


The tree and the muffins, originally uploaded by KTandCoffee.
When I first started this gardening exploration it did take me by surprise that winter was a time for citrus fruits. Makes sense really I guess.I am still in mourning for my two lemon trees that I managed to kill off last year, but, all is not lost because my lovely neighbour says 'helps yourselves to the oranges - we don't use them'. Well that called for a double batch of orange and poppy seed muffins. Made with half wholemeal flour they are substantial yet the glaze topping with strands of orange zest (isn't that a great word) makes them a treat. What was fantastic was picking the oranges (never as easy as you'd think) and then taking them to the kitchen a few steps away, then zesting and juicing them. Oh my, the smell in that kitchen was therapy itself. A warm plateful went to the neighbour and clearly Adam and I will be eating the rest. While looking for tasty things to do with the rest of the oranges.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails