Twenty-second

There is a pile of washing, a fair amount of housework and even more garden jobs to be done, so what do we do, we head out of Auckland, nip to the Coromandel and walk up the Pinnacles. Oh boy, it was tough. Tougher than I thought, with some rather scary, well out of my comfort zone bits thrown in. But we had the track to ourselves, stunning winter weather and those amazing views.  Number 18 maybe,  and while it was hard work and scary at times, each step I took and particularly those I struggled with, I appreciated the ability to be there, do it, to be alive and well.
While I get rather scared on a swing bridge, Adam loves them


I look up to distract myself from the constant never-ending uphill 

I keep looking and can't seem to work out how I can possibly climb to the top






The climbing is getting exciting now

Looking down

At the summit

On the way down



1 comment:

Alicia Bockel said...

That looks like one beautiful hike alright! Pretty shots! Thank so much for your comment on my blog--how nice of you to take the time to read my notes from my big jump into the 30's! So far, so good...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails