39 Things



My wonderful friend Em, who keeps me sane and insane at the same time has propelled me into several computer related hobbies - well flickr and blogs. So in my travels of these I have come across lovely pictures and stories. One such blog has inspired me to commence making more lists (I make enough I know so any format or excuse will do). The idea is that on your birthday you make a list of 'things' to do in your year. Now the blog of inspiration uses the number of her birthday, but Em has always maintained that, OK we're 38 years old, but we are entering our 39th year on the planet and so the list should have 39 things on in the lead up to being 39 - have I lost you all yet. To add to confusion, both my friend and the author of the blog where I borrowed this idea are called Emma! Anyway...the list.....
    1. Go skiing in the south island
    2. Have a surfing lesson
    3. Canoe the Puhoi River
    4. Sell something
    5. Stay in a tipi
    6. Get better at jogging and be able to jog all the way around Cornwall Park
    7. Get Adam on a horse
    8. Find a dentist
    9. Admit to myself that I've lost my glasses, get over it and get some new ones
    10. Write more letters to folks and friends
    11. Do the local kayak course
    12. Get a poster made of our Rome photos
    13. Plant more
    14. Have a big BBQ
    15. Toast marshmellows
    16. Sleep in the VW van
    17. Plan an exciting winter holiday abroad
    18. Do more that scares me
    19. Join a book club
    20. Have more balloons in my life
    21. Make postcards
    22. Create a scrapbook for Lizzie and Jane
    23. Get my own scallops from the sea, cook them on the beach and then eat them
    24. Climb a tree
    25. Lay in a hammock
    26. Sleep on a beach
    27. Get a tatoo (have had a long chat about this and may strike it from the list)
    28. Create some homemade pickles
    29. Get stronger arms
    30. Keep a diary/journal to start on my birthday for a whole year
    31. Print more photos
    32. Create a canvas print
    33. Send joy in the post
    34. Watch the clouds
    35. Find a hairdresser I can talk to and knows how to cut curly hair
    36. Make a will
    37. Watch an international cricket match (Duncans picture on canvas an optional extra)
    38. Read more
    39. Smile

















      No comments:

      LinkWithin

      Related Posts with Thumbnails