Rainbow Warrior

Growing up in the 70s and the 80s The Rainbow Warrior was stuff of legends. The images and the bravery of those involved with the campaigns that brought the stupid stuff humans do to the eyes of the world. The whales have always done it for me. I remember the news of the bombing in Auckland but I think I missed out the huge drama that followed it. It is however still legendary stuff so there was no way I was missing out on visiting and going onboard the latest Rainbow Warrior vessel during its NZ tour.
I was rather excited and it was rather cool. Passionate and committed folks spoke to us in various areas of the ship. It was a popular day with lots of volunteers helping the day move along and keep us sweet while waiting - Facebook tells me there was singing on the Sunday.
I feel very privileged to have had the opportunity and wish it and its crew all the best with their upcoming campaigns. And yes I think off shore oil drilling is a daft thing to be doing in New Zealand waters.




















using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails