Bird table raising

The garden hasn't had a mention for a while. We do get into the garden, even a fair bit at times and we've done some great stuff over the summer. In that elusive quest for balance and getting to grips with us both working Monday to Friday in jobs that we love that little bit too much writing about the garden has taken second place. Admittedly second place to lounging on the settee with a glass of wine but that's another story. Our garden is a little overwhelming at times. I really don't care that it's only a rental. I have so enjoyed growing things, eating said grown things or really just watching the seasons and the changes. It's a great feeling to get very dirty and muddy, breathe in the air, talking to the weeds and feeling so refreshed when settling down to that wine on the settee. 
Today saw us achieve a goal we'd been striving for over some time. One of those goals that had me throw a strop attack in the DIY store and abandon my trolley, leaving, needed chocolate. It was a bizzare thing. I wanted a bird table. I had a great plan from a magazine and was going to build one - that didn't happen - above strop attack saw that idea die a finial well deserved death. I found a fabulous website, Creative Woodcraft. All New Zealand made, rather wonderful things. Our rather amazing bird table turned up and then the quest for a post began. We learnt a new phrase/word - standard waratah - I'm not going to explain it - you google it and see what you make of it and work out where to buy one. Today was that quest. it really did feel like a quest. When I heard Adam say "I think I've found a waratah" I was cracked up. This really was a quest. Out joy and smile as we high fived, finally finding the post for said bird table. I am carrying around the post thing that was going to be attached to the bird table. Now I'll celebrate the opening of an envelope and in my job you do learn to appreciate the little things, such as being alive, so to say we are sitting here drinking bubble because of completing our quest may explain how much this has meant - or I really do like bubbles. 
So while Adam was doing the work, I scrambled around the garden still trying to get to grips with new flashy rather lush camera. 


Wonderful leaves on our cherry tree

Said leaves on the well watered grass (rainy season in Auckland)

Playing with the camera. I don't even miss the apps on the iPhone, well not much

All the rain lately has blown the rhubarb into crazy mode

More rhubarb

The veggie patch is still there, more manageable now it's downsized and looking ready for winter.

Afternoon sunny spot

The proud man with a waratah

It is a flash bird table, I do hope they like it

Great bird bath now has flash bird table

Kevin the potted Christmas tree from many years ago is sill going, a little lopsided but still alive

The rosemary may be taking over

The cherry tree is a picture of autumn but really will need to be trimmed this year


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails