A night time interlude

Back in March when the world was spinning so fast and we whirled about with joy and gusto with guests we also managed a night time photography workshop. It's been a pleasure learning about photography and Adam is a very patient teacher. This was one of those special deal things and I didn't rate it that much but it was a different way to spend a weekday evening. With my little cannon I clicked away. What did I learn...a tripod and shutter release cable are essential, that and keep trying oh and of course what you like the look of the person you are standing next to really might not.  These photos are just as they were taken, no tweaking or filtering malarkey.

So it started like this

Then at least you can recognise the skyline

Then I was pleased as punch that I could take a photo like this at night. 

Oh more grain and blur, my usual night time shot

Oh I see

Is this better

Do we need more sea

Or more sky...no wait that is the blur back

That's what I was trying for

What about that boat in the foreground

The grain is back, now what

OK, better

How about this

Or do the lights in the water look better like this

What I wish is that I had taken a note book so I knew how I got this one

Then we tried a bit of this, but it took me a long long time to get

Several hundred photos later, I succeed. Shutter speed for goodness sake

Thank you Auckland

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails