Friday night was movie night for Adam

I don't know about you, but in our little part of the world, this has been a really long short week, so when Friday rolled around it was a feeling of joy indeed. We chose to stop for a drink on the way home and boy did that go down well. We talked about all sorts and ridded ourselves of our working week. Adam was driving (of course) so I really enjoyed the wine. So much so, that no real decision over real food could be made. While waiting for our pizza to be made we went over our movie options. Action adventure was to the genre, we narrowed it down to Indiana Jones and then further to this one.




No, not the best of the Indiana Jones movies I grant you, totally stupid story line, cheesy lines and a bizarre concoction of characters. It still has this at the beginning so it can't be all bad and yes, I am biased. 



It's true in life, you base feelings and decisions on past experiences and can forgive a movie for being pants because of past greatness associated with it. What if this had been the first Indiana Jones movie (I know that would make no sense). I guess I mean, what if the first Indiana Jones had been ridiculous, would any more have been made? How many dodgy movies do you forgive and overlook because of the wonder of Star Wars? Let's not even think about what the world would look like if the Star Wars movies had been made in chronological order. 
What we've got is where we are and why I will always have a soft spot for LucasFilm movies. Star Wars rocked and that's the end of it. As for the crystal skull, I made it as far as this scene and was then curled up fast asleep on the wonderfully comfy new sofa. 


Adam made it to the end (then kindly woke me up to send me to bed) and was 'entertained' as much as you need on a Friday night. I was probably dreaming of DisneyLand (Paris) and this 


From this site

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails