Crystallise

I have accepted the part of me that loves my career and work. After struggling with the concept of 'balance' in my life. The greatest moment came when I realised that I love what I do and it will be a big part of me for now. In making that step in my mind it also freed me to enjoy myself when I'm not at work. Accepting that I won't do all those 'things' on my list of what I 'should' do. Rather I consider what is most important right now and what is needed. Of late that has consisted of sitting and reading. 


Having made that leap in the last year or so, now my career faces choices. I have been blessed and am extremely fortunate in my career,  though I would also say I have worked for it. 

Which way to go, what to do. I have been thinking (a lot). Would change mean failure or giving up, or is it about accepting what is right for me and where I can make the most difference.

My parents instilled in me the belief that I could do anything I set my mind to, which has stood me in great stead but made decisions a nightmare. 

So in my turmoil and indecision I must have been channeling Steve Martin and The Man with Two Brains as this week brought some signs. (Do check out the brilliant clip here if you have no idea what I'm talking about). 

Voicing my values to my what underpins my work and my passion for the future is the first steps. I am going to need to be brave in whatever I do from this point on, so being clear and definite, to crystallise what I believe and how I think I can contribute is step one. 

Writing with Write Alm and the February Prompts. 

2 comments:

the habit of being said...

Change can be so difficult and also so rewarding. I hope you find a good fit!

the habit of being said...

Change can be so difficult and also so rewarding. I hope you find a good fit!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails