Week Two. Park Two

Switch off fail. I can sustain a habit for about 3 weeks. Need help with that. 

We did stick with the Regional Park Challenge though. After a Saturday of housework, shopping, job lists, BBQ and firework night with neighbours. Sunday was to be the first swim of the season. Waking up after the late night and the wine, I was wondering really?

But we went. 

We choose a favourite, Mahurangi and packed a picnic. Just getting out of the city I started to unwind. Stopping at our usual spot for coffee en route, watching the clouds and avoiding the phone (so I failed but didn't mean I still wasn't trying). 

That first dive, head under the water and then making a splash with the first few strokes, feeling alive and with energy. 

Then there is the important lying in the sun (I hide in semi shade), lunch, reading, listening to the folks around us, enjoying the wonderful day. 

Adam just lying and drying after the swim

I love it all. The anticipation, the dive under the water, the swim, the way my hair falls once it is sea soaked

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails