Wake up and smell the roses

Walking around the roses always makes me think of my mum and then my nan. So it's a happy time, but I miss them so. This time I also thought of our first trip to Wellington where I sought out the rose garden in the Botanical Gardens. I took photos of nearly all of them to share and show my mum. Back in Auckland we have the Rose Garden in Parnell as well as the Botanical Gardens, so really never far from my mum and nan at all. 

Auckland Botanic Gardens 2015

Auckland Botanic Gardens 2015

Auckland Botanic Gardens 2015

Auckland Botanic Gardens 2015

Auckland Botanic Gardens 2015
My 2008 Rose Collection. When sharing photos of Roses the names come to life in the same way the fragrance does when you walk by them. These are all from my Flickr photo stream, so you should be able to see the title if you hover or some internet magic thing. These were taken with a Casio EX-Z1000 and I can pretty much guarantee back then I would have been shooting on auto. 

Oranges and Lemons

Auckland Metro

Burgundy Iceberg

Katherine Mansfield

Sylvia

Blackberry Nip

My Girl

Onto 2012 and the Rose Garden at Parnell. Here I am playing with the Hipstamatic app on the phone. the phone has added a whole new world to my photography but in even in the short time since I took these photos so much has changed. 




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails