Wishing I'd listened more to grandad in the garden.





Wow, been back in NZ for 3 weeks now. Lots of days at work (some good, some not so good) and seem to spend the rest of the time getting lost in the garden. I picked my first crop of broad beans - the excitment was incredable. Though marred slightly by finding some for sale in a small posh supermarket thingy. You see, I decided to grow broad beans because last year I couldn't find any to buy. The discovery of these small posher supermarkets places has been good though so I'm not moaning more smirking at the irony.

I was, however still delighted, like a child opening christmas presents (who am I kidding - like me opeing presents - I love presents), when I popped opened the pods and squeezed out the beans. Some were a bit young and small and I only had enough to make a very small portion of Nigellas Broad Bean Bruschetta (the reason I was looking for broad beans in the first place as it is soooo delicious). Well it was a wonderful small portion, helped by adding freshly picked mint, as all the herbs have burst back to life.

I now know to wait a bit longer before picking the next batch - there are quite a few begging to be picked at the moment, but I'm waiting for Adam to return from Perth.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails