Walk 11- Piha

A wild, windy and wet day in Auckland. Of course we could have stayed in bed, or moved to the lounge and curled up in front of the fire, reading. But no, the beach called. I needed windy. I needed to walk in the rain. Piha beach is a classically wonderful west coast beach. The wind pushed along the beach one way as we jumped into the streams and compared the waterproof nature of our shoes (I won). I struggled with the camera in a tricky light, trying to capture the wild nature and the crazy wind blowing us around. The walk back the rain was actually moving horizontally, my right side was soaked. I have a great coat as well as good shoes so I felt snug and well wrapped up, though my legs were starting to feel the chill of the rain.

Of course wild New Zealand does have it's fair share of marvellously placed cafes so after the walk we sneaked a corner seat in the Piha Cafe. Deservedly popular on a wild Sunday, we partook in a classic margarita pizza, crumble, coffee and hot chocolate before heading back to be curled up in front of the fire with a movie to help us slide through the afternoon and into Sunday evening.

Wet but still dry......
Donate to my Dry July Challenge here

The wind winning

The dog having the time of it's life

The beach goes on forever 



Warmed ginger syrup with milk

Coffee and crumble




My lovely man 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails