July has been Dry


Here we are the 31st July. I'm sipping the fruit bubbly stuff in amazement at my ability to go a whole month without alcohol. What is also rather amazing is the amount of money I raised. A huge thanks to all my sponsors.  I was stoked with the first two got me off the mark before July even started but take a look at my profile page, currently at $575 with a $90 cash deposit made the other day, $40 given to me in the last couple of days to pay in plus a cheque from the UK for 20 quid to pay in. So, thank you one and all. Really was not expecting to do quite that well so am as pleased as a non alcoholic fruit punch.
Looking back on the month there have been some quite tough days, exams, presentations, staff concerns, busy days, frustrating days and days when I thought a glass of wine would be essential. I haven't faulted, I did smell the cognac but I couldn't actually help that, it evaded the whole room thank you Adam.

I haven't missed it as much as I thought I would. It's OK sitting here with pretend bubbles rather than the real ones, but boy am I looking forward to the real ones. Maybe then it's become a habit with me, that glass of wine at the end of a tough day, that glass of pinot noir while cooking dinner, or maybe just the thought of a glass of wine has lead me to having one rather than thinking about other options. I am usually nervous when there is no wine in the house and here I am, 31 days with no wine in the house. How is that possible really. I laughed at those doing this challenge last year, thinking there is no way on earth I would ever do that, think about doing that or be remotely capable of doing that. That thinking plagued me for a whole year. I am naturally lazy but I have been given (thanks to great upbringing, childhood, parents, genes whatever) an incredible belief that I can do anything I set my mind to and while lazy, am determinedly so. This after all was about not doing something rather than doing something, so there you go.


Here comes August and the August break.......


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails