Wowsers




Blimey oh Riley , staying of the alcohol for one month and I've raised over $500. This is totally amazing and far more than I ever expected. Huge thanks to all those who have sponsored me, but heh, the month is not over so there is still time for you to add to this great cause. Follow the link to my profile page to donate.

https://nz.dryjuly.com/profile/katiequinney

I'm being so good I even said no to a bite of Baileys cheesecake, plus I made a risotto with no wine.

The money I'm raising is going towards Auckland region and Northland Hospitals. Here is a bit about them....

The Northern Regional Cancer and Blood Service at Auckland City Hospital supports patients from all over New Zealand's upper North Island, from Northland to South Auckland, covering a population of 1.6 million people or 38 per cent of New Zealand.

The service is a comprehensive cancer centre treating patients aged 15 and up. Last year, the centre saw up to 300 patients per day for treatment providing: radiotherapy delivered from 6 linear accelerators (160-180 patients per day); medical oncology daystay (50-70 patients receiving chemotherapy per day); and haematology daystay (20-30 patients per day).

The improvement projects earmarked for 2012 Dry July funds are the installation of Wi-Fi in waiting areas, new seating, new children's play equipment and the construction of a healing/reflection garden for the use of patients within the service building. The hospital aims to use funds from Dry July 2013 to further improve the comfort of patients receiving treatment at the cancer centre.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails