Walk 20 - Cornwall Park

On a real mission here and have pulled out the joker. I was hoping to leave this till much later in the challenge but here we are. 27 days left to pull out another 21 walks, it's gonna be close. This walk is a favourite and much repeated (so if I get really desperate expert to see repeats). I have written about One Tree Hill many a time, I still don't know enough about it's history and when I have taken visitors there I am totally embarrassed as to what to say other than hello another volcano with a great city view. I do know it's a soul restoring place in the middle of the city, farm animals, walkers, cyclists, runners, strollers, in fact all sorts of people all the time. A place that sells great ice cream, or a coffee, or if you really fancy sit a while at the restaurant in the park. (There may be a theme developing here). At this time of year there are lambs jumping about and you find yourself contemplating vegetarian recipes for a while. This was a walk to the summit, an easy walk using the road. When I say easy, I'm still puffing and panting. This is one of those places I can track my fitness by how well I manage the walk up and is also the place I'd love to be able to run all the way around (waiting on my neck to resolve a bit before I contemplate that malarkey - in fact should a 70 year old neck be running at all, maybe not).  So the summit walk this time, very popular Sunday morning spot with swarms of folks everywhere, the place was alive (maybe not the best description for a volcano). One Tree Hill is a room full of outside in the middle of a city and I love it.
Traditional lamb/sheep shot

Funnily enough Adam ahead

Trying to capture the 'crowds'
This is New Zealand remember

The feet that walked
The steps at the summit

Trying my best with an old iPhone
Is it time to upgrade I wonder
Still interested, One Tree Hill was one of the first places I wrote about on this blog, it's a great place to see the changing seasons, look here and here. It made an appearance as a top tip for places to visit  and has its own set on Flickr

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails