The Long Weekend

It wasn't that long ago I wrote about the wisdom of New Zealand and the public holiday on the 2nd January now here I am a few weeks later 'celebrating' Auckland anniversary with a long weekend.

There is no great story or adventure to recount. Our visitors that were planning to come Friday afternoon for the weekend cancelled at the last minute - and the bed had looked so good. 

A good amount of this

And some of this while working hard at Blogland adventure
A Sunday spent really lounging in bed adventuring into Blogland. From a link from a link to a list from a link form a blog I read - that I have now frustrating lost as I wanted to share them all here. Deeper and deeper I went. Travelling in my pyjamas. I did save one link though..

A joyous post where nursing home residents re-created famous movie scenes . The whole website is a dream.

Our pallet that would be decking project moves along...
We spent a fair amount of time on the continuing garden project but I also made my first bacon and egg pie (thank you Southern Man Cookbook). I think it's a bit of a kiwi thing and I have eaten it before, but my own was of course far superior!!

Bacon and Egg Pie
I also made some mince pies. Yes, in January, in the summer. I made a healthy batch of Nigellas, rhubarb mincemeat back at Christmas time, so what's a girl to do. I didn't make the pastry - let's blame the weather - far to humid.

My mother's inspiration for my pie letter topping - she always made roses!

There was of course time for this.
All in all the weekend made for some happy days and lots of sleep. 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails