Tomato Soup

I'm not feeling good, a combination of feeling very tired (though why are you not allowed to feel tired if you don't have children), lots of insect bites and being angry at myself for not being more organised.

Infestation of fleas at work - say what you want about the NHS, that never happened there, so lots of bits and now they are getting worse. has something uninvited found a place to live in my house, if so I'm allergic. An expensive trip to the doctor (think overall I'm in favour of paying to see your GP but it was Saturday so rather expensive). They may not all be bites, but rather an allergic reaction to the first bunch. Oh and maybe not fleas, maybe mozzies, who knows, either way, I'm reacting big time. Steroids....I ask you...but the reaction is quite severe and annoying. Plus some amazing anti-histamines that have knocked me out and generally add to crappy knackered feeling going on.
Panic over visa and anger at not getting on top of this earlier....flash back to feelings before getting out here...hopefully all with work out as it did last time. In the laps of timing and fate I guess.
So the pictures are to cheer me up and distract any possible readers from the whining, self loathing going on here. There are from a recent camping trip with some mates, and all round happy, good feelings time. I love camping.

I'm supposed to be packing for our trip away to the south island, I can hardly keep my eyes open, and am resorting to comfort food. So Tomato soup it will be. You see I'm feeling so bad that it's time to open the emergency Heinz tomato soup tin. You're suppossed to buy Watties here - sorry gues, I can do the bean, but the rest just dosen't come close. You can get Heinz here, but you have to know where to find it. So in organised moments I try and keep an emergency tin in the cupboard. It is the comfort food I always need. Once in Egypt when plagued with the essential dodgy stomach, I needed food (rarely am I so ill I can't actually eat), we hunted high and low. We were staying in a 4* hotel so examined all the menus at the numerous restaurants to no avail. Until a mind blowing discovery. Room service. So wonderful, even if this tomato soup wasn't Heinz, it was still damn close. The next day I was all recovered and ready to hit the city. So I know from experience that tomato soup is what I need, why then did I stuff a crisp sandwich prior to writing this post - who knows.

Maybe I'll report tomorrow on my state of mind following the soup intervention.

1 comment:

yumptatious said...

Whoever told you that you can't be tired as you don't have children is clearly a feckin eejit and you should immediately desist from heeding their inane rantings: pity them, feed them horse tranquilisers, keep them away from sharp objects, but don't actually listen to them. Twats.
I'm sorry you are feeling so shitty: it happens, and at least you have the soul soup you need. Have you tried bathing your pustules in it? I may not be au fait with current (and safe) medical practices, but it might just work.
Hang in there, kiddo: this'll pass...
You are fabulous, after all
x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails