A week in February

Well it's April and I am just looking at the photos I took on our week away back in February, we met up with friends from the UK here on their NZ adventure. OK, so I contracted some sort of rash, that didn't really help the whole holiday thing, but it meant I took things easy, swam in the sea most days and tried to sleep in. But I remember (and wrote in my journal) that I was cheesed off that I was sick on my holiday. Our friends were incredibly accommodating, I guess that's what friendship is all about. 

It took me about 3 weeks to feel back to normal (tragically this still seems to mean exhausted every day after work). I was supported by work folks and now over a long weekend can take the time to load and look at the photos. I had great plans to get copies to our friends, (my head is full of many a great plan) but today I will get them onto Flickr and the other great plans will just have to wait in line. 

What has been great looking at these photos now was the great memories, smiles and happy thoughts that came to me. Plus the warmth and the wonder of the sea. I need to remember how much I can be nurtured by nature. 

What I also think of, is all the things I did that aren't captured on a photo. I'm feeling proud of swimming to that pontoon, despite the panic that set in and then I jumped off it. Yep, cowardly scared me. Jumped. Didn't use the steps, I jumped. I felt great. Now how to bottle that. 

At Flagstaff Hill, before the rash set in. 

While on The Cream Trip. Lush tour of the Bay of Islands. 

Sunset cruise on the tall ship 

There aren't many photos of me during this time, the rash adding to my usual un-photogenic state, but this one makes me smile 

Russell pier from the Duke of Marlborough
The Hole in the Rock. Has to be done. 

Maori Bay after walking from Murawai beach 

Lush evening colours on the drive back to Auckland 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails