I'm reading

Our holiday was a joyous book fest. Within the first week we'd had a rather special trip to Waterstones in London with my dear friend who happens to have a staff discount card - how many books did we buy - oh boy. Rather delicious. As was the bar on the top floor. 
One of these purchases was the A303, which I read on the A303 heading to Cornwall a perfect storm moment reading about the traffic at Stonehenge while in the traffic at Stonehenge.

On the road with the book of the road
I read nearly a book a day in Cornwall, part of the plan. Switch off and read. Cornwall also meant finding fabulous independent book stores. Like The End of World Bookshop in Penzance and the small but perfectly formed St Ives bookshop. We brought all sorts of books, so our shelves are a smorgasbord just waiting for us. 

Coffee and reading in St Ives

Only a few books were purchased

Gorgeous little shop 
But right now, it's back to the book before the holiday, a second hand bookshop find of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. I brought the really tatty copy because I felt sorry for it and worried that no-one would buy it. The other book on the go is an abridged version of The Beauty Myth, one of those I've heard about but need to read for myself, if I'm being honest though the beautiful purple cover was a large part of the purchase decision. 

Currently I'm reading 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails