Twenty Second

Choosing the holiday reading 

Feeling sorry for myself and in desperate need of my imminent holiday. I am struggling to choose the reading material to pack. Let us not worry that I'm not sure about whether I have any toothpaste or underwear, the reading is much more important. My latest read was 'In the Kitchen' by Monica Ali. I didn't really enjoy it and there were moments I thought 'this is all too much' and 'life is to short to struggle on with this rather miserable (but well written) book'. I did finish it but I did skip a few pages here and there. I think it was the wrong book to be reading when I could sense my own self becoming more and more tired. I guess it gave me 'at least things aren't that bad' kind of feeling but I never really bonded with any of the characters.
So holiday time then, what should be in the bag....The classic crime series recently published by Penguin has several points in there favour and I happen to have two recent purchases on my shelf. I picked up The Hunger Games series, that might be good holiday stuff. I'd like a least one 'local' book, so I think 'Is that thing Diesel' may be in the bag. I do have a non fiction book about the Great Barrier Reef that should really go along so I can learn a thing or two while (hopefully) lazing in the sun, snorkelling in clear blue waters and generally soothing my aching self. I have a day or two to make my final cut.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails