Highlights of 2009



It was New Years Eve, I was feeling blue, was I homesick, was I tired or was it a New Year thing. On New Years Day though I made a list of all the things and stuff we had done during 2009. Now lists alwys make me feel better and this one brought a wow to my lips and a smile to my face.

  1. Went camping at Goat Island and tried my hand at snorkeling for the first time
  2. Gob smacked at the Chinese Lantern Festival
  3. Walked the Routeburn track - another one of the 9 Great Walks
  4. Moved into our place and very quickly made a house a home
  5. Peeped at Mt Cook through the cloud and starred at glaciers 
  6. Took part in the Round the Bays walk
  7. Mountian Biking at Woodhill Park, and so inspired brought bikes
  8. Chilled out at the VW National Show in Napier
  9. Took a trailer ride to Cape Kidnappers
  10. Visted a lot of vineyards, all over the place
  11. Took a Seafood Cooking Class
  12. Attended a few shows; Cats, My Fair Lady, French and Saunders
  13. Climbed Mt Rangitoto
  14. Weekended on Waiheke (more vineyards here)
  15. Visited Auckland Zoo, MOTAT and the Martime Museum
  16. Admired the sculpture at Aucklands Botoanic Gardens
  17. Another visit to Sheepworld, plus had a go at sheep shearing
  18. Managed two days of skiing
  19. Went to an ECO Festival
  20. Had a great day at the Howick Historical Village
  21. Went on a week tour of Northland, seeing the Rainbow Warrior Memorial, Ninety Mile Beach, Cape Reanga and trying to break my arm
  22. Did the art trial in KeriKeri
  23. Visited several of Aucklands Nature Reserves and Parks
  24. Had a Day on the Green with the Proclaimers and The B52s
  25. Made countless trips to the cinema (and I feel this may be a whole new list in the making for 2010)
  26. Started exploring the beaches around Auckland to discover which is the best one to swim in
  27. Christmas Day on the Beach
  28. Adam went to Austailia and I went to the UK
  29. Painted our own plates at 'Paint the Earth'
  30. Made our own Christmas Cards
  31. Created our first vegetable patch, eating our own homegrown tomatoes for the first time
  32. Had some really Happy Camping in the Coromandel
Bring on 2010.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails